Thursday, October 11, 2012

TTT - the Solids Only Edition

Though we're smack bang in the middle of Donktober, I have a confession to make - donkeys are not the only thing I have on my mind at the moment.  I know, I know, it really is quite shameful but that's the truth of it.

So what, you ask, could possibly drag my attention away from all those adorable asses?  Well...

FQ bundle of the new Kona colours

Yep, that, my dears, is a FQ bundle of the new Kona colours.  Oh swoon!

I'm yet to cut into any of it as I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike.  With a few friends about to become parents I'm picturing a few solids-only quilts for each bub.  Ideally I'd like each to be different designs and colours, including some that must be gender-neutral.

So, this is where you come in.  Have you made the perfect solids quilt?  Seen one floating around?  Or picturing one in your mind?  Then please, please, please enlighten me and leave a link or idea in the comments.  I will be eternally grateful!

Thanks in advance.

E.

PS - don't forget the special Donktober giveaway over at Ann Kelle Designs!  You won't want to miss it.  :)


Thursday Think Tank

This post will hopefully be linked to Thursday Think Tank at Becca's house.  Pop by for a cuppa and a bikkie.

6 comments:

  1. ok I'm going to be totally unhelpful because I can't think of anything specific!! There's so many possibilities and those fabrics look lush!! Hope someone can give you some suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST got a bunch of Kona solids in the mail for a quilt for McCall's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek what a beautiful stack of fabrics!

    Of course I have zero ideas to suggest other than - go waste a day or two on Pinterest hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!! I did a mostly solids quilt! lazyquilts.blogspot.com.au if you go down to the owl quilt (about the fourth photo from the top)it is essentially solids with a stripe of owls. Mine is single bed size, but if you were doing a littler one is would be just as cute. I might try it with all my scraps and see what it looks like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte (http://charlottenewland.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/pervalong-piecing-central-blocks-and-b.html) has a QAL, or sorry, a Pervalong going on - awesome quilt design, check it out http://www.flickr.com/groups/2125150@N22/pool/with/8089589354/#photo_8089589354. Don't know why it's called Pervalong though haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The We Love Colour book has a pile of fab all solids quilts

    ReplyDelete